March 15, 2020 at 8:44 am #12085
MAX-HEALTH or MAX-ARMOR PENALTY:
• First death is not yet punishing.
• Second death will give you -5% MAX-HEALTH penalty
• Third death will give you -10% MAX-HEALTH penalty and probably -5% MAX-STAMINA
• Forth death will leave you -15% MAX-HEALTH and -10% MAX-ARMOR and probably -10% MAX-STAMINA
• Second death: -10% loot
• Third death: -20% loot
• Fourth death: -30% loot
• Fifth death: – 50% loot
MORE DEATHS/LESS FAITH:
The more time you die the less effective your GOD POWER is. When skilltrees will be in game all your skills/talents associated with your skilltree will also be affected by this penalty.
Requirements for releasing penalty: for example get specific amount of XP without death to get released from penalty.
GOD/FAITH SPECIFIC MISSIONS: Main or Side missions that are directly ordered from your ALIGNED GOD, only finishing these kinds of quests will decrease the level of penalty.
LOSING EXPERIENCE/IDLE STATE CONFIRMATION:
YOU will get experience only when combat ended, so during combat your experience is on the wait list. If you get into idle/neutral state you will get your XP you got from the current fight.
From a combat where hits were already exchanged between participants – including you – if you run away you will get less XP/lose some XP
SEMI-HARDCORE, semi-roguelike/LOSING AGE PROGRESSION:
If you die you will lose your progression in that specific AGE, so you will start that AGE all over again.
• ALL NPC’s level increased/A.I. level increased more difficult gameplay
• YOU might get better loots, or more XP from some figts than you would normally.
• You will get your loots back in the begining: The more you die you will get less loot back from your previous session.
• You get some ammount of XP from your previous session: You will get less at the begining as you died against less difficult enemies. So, after few deaths, as the A.I. is increased you will be awarded with more XP.
HARDCORE/ROGUELIKE/LOSING ALL PROGRESSION:
Similar to SEMI-HARDCORE but not limited to the current AGE but to the current GAME with that character. You will start the whole game after death.
• NO extra increase of A.I. level
• You will get some XP from your previous session: The further you got in your previous session the less XP you will lose for your next game.
• The more AGE you went through your previous session the more loot you will get back after death.
These are my thoughts about possible DEATH PENALTIES for the current game. These all are ideas that are not based on SAVE/LOAD mechanic. Some of them might be good for further BRAINSTORMING, and some of them can be combined together also.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.