Controlling and Processing Information
We are a Data Controller.
A “controller” is the legal entity which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. Ragnarok is the data controller for data described by this policy.
We use Data Processors.
A “processor” is a legal entity or other body that processes data on behalf of the controller, as defined above. Ragnarok may use various data processors—with which we have data processing agreements—to assist us in providing the Services, such as a payment processor. Ragnarok may also, from time to time, process your data.
Information We May Collect
We may collect various types of information, including information you provide or make available to us directly, information collected from your devices (including web and mobile), and information collected from other sources, such as social networking sites and gaming partners where such information is publicly available.
You may provide information directly to Ragnarok whenever you engage in the following:
- Use or access the Services, including when you create a Ragnarok Account or make in-app purchases;
- Connect with or access our Services using a third party ID or log-in, such as an ID for a social networking site or gaming service;
- Contact others using our Services, including when you use online user group or features within the game that allow you to connect with others;
- Contact us directly, for example, for customer or technical support;
- Sign up for Ragnarok offers, tournaments, promotions, or special events;
- Subscribe to newsletters or updates we may offer;
- Interact with the Services on a voluntary basis.
You can visit our site and avail yourself of some of the Services without providing information to us. Depending on how you use the Services, however, information we collect may include your first and last name; user name or handle; email address; phone number; a photograph, avatar or other image associated with your device; date of birth; gender; purchase or payment information; address or shipping information; chat data; friends’ names and contact information; and location information.
Information Collected From Your Devices
We may collect information from and about the devices used to access our Services. This may include an IP address, hardware model, device software platform/OS and firmware, mobile carrier, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information. Depending on how you access the Services and your browser settings, we may also collect your browser’s information and type, the name of your internet service provider, non-precise geolocation, game scores and achievements, and other information as reasonably required to offer our Services, help you manage your experience, and enhance our Services. With your permission, we may collect more specific geolocation information to optimize your experience, such as for localization and language display, or to offer relevant advertising. You may limit sharing of this information at any time by changing the relevant preferences and permissions on your Desktop, in your browser, or mobile device.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Information Collected From Outside Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, including from partners or service providers, publicly available sources, feedback from other players, or social networking sites as referenced earlier. We may combine this information with other information in our possession in order to analyze and improve our Services, which may include providing more bespoke offerings to you within our games.
Use of Your Data
We use the data we collect on you to improve the Services and your experience. The following are ways in which we may use your data:
- To develop, provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including real-time troubleshooting, giving customer and technical support, conducting data analysis, engaging in various forms of game and Services testing, and for research purposes;
- To provide you with information and updates about the Services, upgrades to the software, or new features relating to the Services.
- To increase the fair play and safe access of the Services we are providing, including authenticating users and increasing security where it is needed;
- To, with your consent, send you marketing communications;
- To administer promotions and tournaments;
- To comply with our legal obligations; and/or
- To complete your purchase or otherwise communicate with you about actions you take with regard to the Services.
How We Share Information
We may share the information we collect about you in various ways, including:
- With law enforcement or other third parties where we are required to do so under applicable law, or in exigent circumstances where we reasonably believe our safety or the safety of our users is at risk;
- With vendors, consultants, business partners, payment processors, and other service providers as necessary to carry out work on our behalf or otherwise provide the Services;
- With partners offering co-branded services or games;
- With other players, to enable you to interact with them and to share gameplay-related data such as high scores and other leaderboard information;
- With the general public, if you choose to share information when contributing content to our Services through forums, blogs, or social functions;
- In connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of company stock and/or assets or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process;
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you; and/or
- With your consent, including in advertising and sharing with third parties, provided, however, that you may later limit this sharing by managing your account settings or sending us notice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us permission to do so.
Your Rights and Choices
You can manage your information as described in this Policy, and you may have additional rights related to that information as described below. You can exercise these rights by opening a help ticket directly in-game via the Help section, or by emailing Ragnarok at email@example.com. Please note that we will need sufficient information establishing your identity in order for us to fulfill your request. Where we can validate your identity, we will process any such request within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with applicable law.
How to Access and Manage
Please maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information in connection with your Account. For any information you are not able to access or update directly, please open an in-game help ticket via the Help section or contact firstname.lastname@example.org Pursuant to your reasonable request, we will provide you or a third-party you specify with a list of all of the personal data that Ragnarok has collected and/or shared, in a form that is portable to you. Depending upon your geographic location, we may charge a small fee to collect this information into a portable fashion. Similarly, upon your request, we will make corrections to our records of your personal data. Please be sure to provide all relevant email addresses associated with your request.
Retention and Deletion
Your data is stored and processed in the United States.
We keep your data only for as long as we have a legitimate business purpose, and only that data required for the particular purpose for which we collected the data. We will retain your data while you have an active relationship with us, including if you have subscribed to a newsletter, opted in to receive commercial and marketing content from us, or if you have affirmatively made requests of us that we, or our data processors, are fulfilling. If you have downloaded any software from us, we will retain that information necessary to contact you for administrative purposes, even if you have not opted in to receive commercial messages.
When we have no contact (such as sending you a newsletter or marketing content) and we note you have not accessed the Services or interacted with us for 2 years, we will delete your information, unless you request that we delete your information prior to the expiration of that period, which you may do at any time following the instructions below. You may receive a confirmation email before and after we delete your information, to confirm you would like it deleted and to confirm we have deleted it. If Ragnarok determines that it no longer requires your data for the purposes set forth above, including any legal purposes, it will delete your information without you making a request.
If you would like us to delete all of your data and/or place your name on our “do not contact” list, contact us at email@example.com, include “GPDR Delete Request” in the subject line, and request that your information be deleted and/or that you be placed on our “do not contact” list. Please note that because names may be similar, you must include in your request all associated email addresses and phone numbers (if any) that you wish to be deleted in the body of the email. We reserve the right to contact you for administrative purposes to request more information in order to assist us in completing your request. We may also send you a confirmation email, once we have deleted your information. Please note that if you have downloaded or used our software products and you subsequently request that we delete all your information, you will no longer receive software updates or administrative messages of any kind. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete your information within thirty days from our active files, provided, however, that we may retain—for legal compliance purposes only—your request and associated email in a hashed format so that we do not inadvertently restore your information to our database. You may also request that we stop processing your information without deleting it, and we will comply within five days of receipt of such a request.
Notwithstanding the above, Ragnarok will retain your information indefinitely if it believes in good faith that it has a legal obligation to do so.
We follow generally accepted industry standards and maintain reasonable safeguards designed to secure and prevent unauthorized access to the information in our possession. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately contact us.
The Ragnarok Services are general audience services, intended for use by individuals sixteen (16) and older. We do not market to, and do not knowingly collect any data from, children under sixteen (16) years of age. Please contact our customer service department if you are aware of any personal information supplied to the Services by a child under the age of sixteen (16).
Do Not Track
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy or our data practices, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at: Ragnarok Game LLC, 1100 Glendon Ave., Ste 1722, Los Angeles, CA 90024. If we receive a formal written complaint from you, we will attempt to contact you directly to resolve your concerns.