July 3, 2020 at 7:41 pm #25987
Welcome to the first part of our new overhauled Narrative Update for RUNE II.
Creating a new character for the Public Test Realm is STRONGLY recommended.
* Added Chapter 1: Age of Awakening of the overhauled story to RUNE II.
* Chapter 1 includes a new narrative, new quests, a new critical path, a new core loop, and more!
* Ages of Ragnarok will now traverse linearly.
* Each Age will have a different boss to fight within the VP (for now they are all still Loki).
* When you successfully defeat the Age boss or get ejected, the age advances.
* Player will win the game when beating Loki in the final age.
* Removed Agefall quest in Chapter 1: Age of Awakening.
* Added multiple new critical path main quests.
* Added multiple new side quests.
* New quests can be discovered by speaking with villagers and exploring the world.
* Gjallarhorn cannot be blown until a specific quest is completed.
* God villages cannot be built until quest prerequisites are met.
* Fixed an issue where opening quest dialog would play over the intro video.
* Added Redesigned Tutorial to the main menu.
* Redesigned tutorial removes everything but Old Wotenkeld island from the world map.
Bifrost Gates and Player Respawning:
* Removed the ability for players to choose which bifrost gate they spawned at upon dying.
* Changed the respawn system >> Bifrost Gate Attunement
* If you are not attuned to a gate, you will spawn at age specific player start
* Interacting with a gate that you’re not attuned to will “attune” you.
* “Attuned” gates show up highlighted in yellow on the map and become your active respawn point.
* When dying or relogging, you automatically respawn at attuned gate
* Fast travelling to a gate will not automatically attune you, you can choose to do so upon arrival.
* When losing a fight in the VP, you are specifically attuned and respawned at heimdall’s gate.
* When winning a fight in VP (i.e. Age change) your attuned gate is reset and you spawn at the Age-Specific player starts
* Teleporting to a Bifrost Gate via the Map now costs 1 teleport rune
* Added player spawn points at different locations per specific ages.
* Fixed an issue where players couldn’t spawn if save data or attunement wasn’t correctly found.
* All buildings have been overhauled and can now be destroyed!
* Buildings have multiple states of destruction: Built, partially built, damaged, destroyed.
* Added particle effects to building destruction
* Added sound effects to building destruction
* Added temp voiceover dialogue for all new characters and dialogue.
* Updated ambient sound in Age of Treachery
* Fixed distance attenuation for thunder
* Added attenuation for dragon
* Updated sound cue for dragon w new attenuation settings
* Updated sound class and volumes across multiple STORY audio files (chapter 1)
* KNOWN ISSUE: Heimdall dialogue ignores volume sliders.
Villages and Villagers:
* Increased the landscape around existing villages.
* Added new Heimdall village with additional villagers.
* Added the Seer.
* Increased building and god statue health.
* Mead barrel now gives mead once every 2 minutes.
* Whet your whistle!
* Villager NPCs now look at the player when focusing on them.
* Updated villager wave animations.
* Updated villagers to be visually unique per village.
* Fixed an issue where foliage would appear in built buildings.
* Fixed an issue where villagers could greet the player while giving a quest.
* Known issue: Protect the Statue quest may fail to be acquired if Viveka grants the quest outside of the Village.
* Dying in the Loki encounter will now send you back to the previous age and set your attuned Bifrost Gate to Heimdall’s tower.
* Successfully completing the Loki encounter will send you to the next age.
* Fixed an issue where the mead mead dwarf and deer wouldn’t flee.
* Updated AI behavior when blocking and circle strafing. There should be less waiting in between stuff.
* Made enemies better at attacking structures and god statues without looking out of place.
* Added new roaming elite and quest enemy variations.
* Updated Villager taunts, waves, idle, and walks
* Updated double-tap dodge animation blends.
User Interface and User Experience
* Removed artifacts screen.
* Game now pauses in Single Player when opening the inventory, map, or adventures menu.
* Background is desaturated while game is paused
* Progress bar on consumable inventory slots stays “filled” until the game is unpaused and the item is used.
* Added side quest tracking.
* Show the current selected sidequest task in the left hand quest panel.
* Show side quest waypoints on the map and in the world.
* Updated compass UI to make it more prominent and larger.
* Show main quest and side quest waypoints in the compass.
* Updated HUD icons for main and side quest tracking to match ingame waypoints
* Increase the size of the main quest widget, and use a different texture for side quests.
* Changed the color of sidequest waypoints to blue to distinguish from the green main quests
* Updated UI for Side Quest Complete
* Added rebuild UI to player HUD when a structure is damaged but not destroyed.
* Reposition camera for character paper doll
* Adjusted damage number sizing.
* Significantly increased various text sizes throughout the UI
* Updated Rune of Teleport description to state that it’s a currency for fast travel in Midgard.
* All “toast” and “feedback” events now use the same UI widget popup system as item pickups
* Updated dialogue speaker icons with villager faces.
* Added teleport rune particle when a gate is successfully attuned to.
* Added tooltip for horde mode
* Updated localization entries for tips and FTUE keys to be more correct with our new features.
* Fixed an issue where the inventory UI would flicker
* Fixed an issue with incorrect gate colors on the map.
* Added Seer Hut building
* Optimized character textures.
OWEs and Open World:
* Removed Old Wotenkeld island from campaign map.
* Players may experience unintended side effects when playing multiplayer.
* Quests are tracked per player.
* We are looking at changing this system in the future, after the narrative update is completed.
* Reworked artifact functionality.
Ages of Ragnarok:
* Removed all repeatable Ages.
* Completely removed The Ragnarok Timer.
* Increased optimization on graphics, sound, and engine.
* Implemented save versioning for world save files, which will also nuke all old world saves for people.
* Dodge roll now always corresponds with actual travel direction, and you can’t jump while staggered
* Fixed an issue that caused old character data to persist after dying.
* This could result in an unwanted collision with Bifrost Gates or respawning under the map.
* Added a preview of [REDACTED] mode to RUNE II.
* Added a way for players to find [REDACTED] mode inside of RUNE II.
* Find it for yourself. Good luck!
* Heimdall dialogue ignores volume sliders.
* Protect the Statue quest may fail to be acquired if Viveka grants the quest outside of the Village.
* Weapon icons may show incorrect elemental effects.
* Villager dialog may use the wrong voice over.
* We are investigating a rare edge case issue where AMD processors may experience performance issues for a few moments.
* May experience compatibility issues with old save files. Creating a new character is STRONGLY recommended.
The forum ‘PTR Announcements and Patch Notes’ is closed to new topics and replies.