This past month on RUNE II, we started crossing off our pre-flight checklist.
Welcome back to another jam-packed monthly update that I’m writing in between giving press demos. You can read more about those demos here, here, here, or scroll down a bit.
On today, October 39th, we have just a few more days until RUNE II: Decapitation Edition launches. Our team is very hard at work getting everything polished nicely and ready for you when RUNE II: Decapitation Edition launches on Steam and updates automatically on Epic Games.
Buckle up and let’s just jump into it.
As mentioned above, we’ve been in the news a ton recently! Here’s what the press and media have been saying about RUNE II: Decapitation Edition:
It’s almost like a completely different game for the better. … In a world of massive corporate greed, sometimes steering our favorite franchises into the ground, the team behind Rune II: Decapitation Edition deserve your hard earned gaming dollars. -Dustin Orgill, Game Tyrant
In less than a year, they [Studio 369] have created a game that is head and shoulders above what we saw last year -Rosh Kelly, wccftech
Rune II is reborn, and where once it was a broken dream, it is now a six-foot Viking warrior screaming with the fury of the gods. I have to say I’m excited about this upcoming release of Rune II Decapitation Edition, and you should be too!! -Andrew Vaughan, Nerd Stash
In case you missed it, we put together a pretty long list of everything that we’ve done in the last year of working on RUNE II since our original launch on November 12, 2019. If you’re just joining us, welcome! Here’s what you can expect when RUNE II: Decapitation Edition launches on Steam on November 13, 2020: A vast open world with 250+ new main and side quests, 50+ new voice acted NPCs, a brand new skill tree and the 29 skills that go with it, 6 dungeons to crawl, many new villages with fully destructible buildings, infinite unique boss fights based on a randomized AI Abilities system, and a lot more. Head on over to our Decapitation Updates page to familiarize yourself with all that new new.
Which brings me to the next topic…
We’ve seen a lot of the same question pop up in the last couple months, so let’s run through the answers:
1. Yes, there is a Steam launch discount! When RUNE II: Decapitation Edition releases on November 13 the price will be 15% off for the first week (November 13 – November 20, 2020.)
2. Yes, you can crossplay in multiplayer with your friends that own RUNE II on different PC storefronts. As long as you and your friend are on the same version number (found in the lower right corner on the menu) you’ll be able to connect to each other.
3. Yes, you can play the entire campaign in offline Single Player. We have spent a lot of time testing, tuning and balancing the Single Player and Co-op and both modes really shine. You’re going to have a great time in either mode.
4. Anyone that pre-purchased RUNE II on our website via Xsolla before May 2019 will receive their Steam key when RUNE II: Decapitation Edition launches on November 13, 2020. If you’re having issues locating your key after that, email email@example.com with a screenshot of your Xsolla receipt and we will make sure you receive your key.
5. RUNE II: Decapitation Edition releases on November 13, 2020. You can wishlist it (or purchase it if you’re reading this in the future!) on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/821290/RUNE_II_Decapitation_Edition/
6. ALL existing RUNE II versions that were bought on the Epic Games Store will be upgraded to the Decapitation Edition on Nov 13, 2020. This means that everyone, no matter what storefront, will be playing on the Decapitation Edition starting November 13, 2020. Decapitation Edition version numbers will start with 2.0.XXXXX
7. RUNE II: Decapitation Edition will not have mod support at launch. If you’d like to customize your RUNE II experience, we have exposed a great number of modifiers at the engine level to control variables such as attack speed, block timings, parry windows, move speed, and more. Check our Engine Dials post for more details.
8. We will be updating RUNE II: Decapitation Edition with post-launch support. Check out our existing Roadmap for more details on what’s coming post-launch.
9. Everyone will be able to claim the FREE Dragon Armor DLC from November 13, 2020 – November 30, 2020. Previously we had said this was Steam exclusive. After coming to our senses this armor is available for free for all players for a limited time only. After that, the Dragon Armor will be available as a paid DLC option.
Got more questions for us? Join our Official Discord or ask me anything on our Steam Forums.
First introduced in the RUNE II Campaign update, our God-themed Aesir Skill System lets you unlock, upgrade and master a suite of 29 powerful and versatile God-themed skills, in addition to their intrinsic move-set. Check our skills page for more info about why Thor* is the best god to pledge to within RUNE II: Decapitation Edition.
*Producer’s note: Weird way to spell HEL but ok.
**Odin, the one-eyed sees all
With the launch of RUNE II: Decapitation Edition on November 13, 2020, we’ll be re-enabling RUNE II’s PvP modes: Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. We have PvP functionality working and RUNE II’s PvP is much more fun now with the improved combat systems.
In Deathmatch, it’s a free-for-all of Kill or Be Killed. Find the nearest weapon and fight for your life in this winner take all mode.
In Team Deathmatch, join allies as you take up arms to be the winning team.
We’ll be putting up official PvP servers over the weekend and throughout next week to get feedback. Keep an eye on our social channels and Discord for upcoming focus testing times. Want a shot at getting an early key for the Steam friends and family preview? Join our Official Discord!
We’ll be watching carefully how players react to us turning these modes back on and we’ll be listening to your feedback on how you’re enjoying the new PvP combat experience.
For those of you with access to the RUNE II: Decapitation Edition friends and family Steam preview, you’re now playing on Pre-Decapitation patch 1.2.18175. This update includes prologue reintegration, a brand new hotbar wheel, visible weapons on your back (You are welcome, Dankina!), further controller support, and more! Hit up the patch notes to see everything that’s new in this patch.
By the time you’re reading this, Pre-Decapitation Edition Patch 2.0.18372 may be live as well! This update includes a fix to progression items, gear falling through the world, god statues getting more health, experience changes, updated credits, and more! Here’s the highlights for this new update:
As always, read the full patch notes here or in-game.
For everyone else not on the Steam friends and family preview, we’ll be updating the Epic Games version of RUNE II shortly with these changes.
Our Clips of Awesome tournament voting has begun! Head over to the #clips-round-1 channel on the RUNE II Discord and vote for your favorite clips. Voting will continue until we have our Top 3 winners! Here’s a quick reminder of what’s up for grabs:
We’re closing in on the final stretch. The daily builds have stopped building 3x a day, the daily standup is getting shorter, and my time played in RUNE II: Decapitation Edition has been increasing dramatically. We’re less than a week away from our Steam launch and everyone else getting to play the new 2.0 update. I’m looking forward to defending my title as “best PvP player internally” against the world. Keep your co-op lobbies open, you might find myself or another developer joining your adventures.
Oh, and one more thing…
How can you get your hands on the exclusive Gold Dwarven Work Sword and Gold Dwarven Work Axe? You’ll just have to stay tuned to find out.
Sign up for our mailing list to get exclusive content and a chance at winning an access key!